Have your say

We welcome ideas, evidence and opinions to enrich the community conversation about our Jewish education. All comments will be moderated, and disrespectful posts will not be published. The Jewish Education Foundation also reserves the right not to publish comments that identify particular schools or individuals.

Your Username will automatically display when you make a comment.

1. Jordan says:

Catholic education is more inclusive and I have many friends, who currently access this line to provide their children with the moral principles and great education, without the price tag.

I believe that we are living in times that diversity of fees for a Jewish education is urgently needed. I, myself am a single mother and would love to bestow a Jewish education for my child, which I do, to great economic strain on our lives. We need schools that are more inclusive to all economic levels in the community. Catholic education is more inclusive and I have many friends, who currently access this line to provide their children with...
    1. Site Manager says:

Thanks Jordan for reiterating what we are trying to achieve.

2. GratefulCommunityMember says:

Thank you to Alan and the group for commencing this important debate. I note that the available paper does not make any reference to alternative pathways to VCE for jewish students (VCAL, School Based Apprenticeships & Traineeships, etc) that have a) traditionally been poorly served by the jewish day schools and b) would also align to Option 3 in the paper.

1. Site Manager says:

Thanks for your comment and this is a great point for us to consider for the future.

3. Anthony says:

My entire Jewish education from home and UJEB.
    Ensure a prominent UJEB role in any future model.
    Anthony

4. rosa schattner says:

Having heard the presenrtation at the JCCV Plenum meeting I am super imprerssed and congratulate Alan and his hard working team. Having put three children through the Jewish school system at I am keen for my grandchildren to have the same opportunities

1. Site Manager says:

Thanks Rosa this feedback is fantastic and greatly appreciated.

5. Interested member says:

I do agree that merging the 4 biggest schools for VCE is a good idea because it means community resources and finances will be pooled together and schools won’t have to compete for enrolments. More philanthropy is also needed to subsidise fees across the board. If fees don’t decline it is going to continue to be a struggle .

6. Simon says:
    Well done Alan and the working group for showing leadership in this area. Has any thought been put into the future need and relevance of our conventional education system? COVID has forced all of us to embrace technology and adapt to remote learning and collaboration. There is work being done locally (UJEB) and overseas to create digital campuses and online learning environments. This allows for educators and schools to adapt quickly to changes in the market, in education, in content….curious to hear your thoughts on this.
    1. Site Manager says:

Thanks so much Simon, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Online learning is a is an important topic we do need to take into account and we will do so in our future discussions.